Saturday 2 June 2012

Green Nunhead

It has been pointed out by a kind friend, that in expressing my general - and well-founded - dislike of the Jubilee and all things Royal I may have gone wildly off-topic. Now I don't really accept this - it says 'Some Other Thoughts' above, which allows us here at TANH an astonishingly wide brief.  That being said, there may be a question of balance to be considered. 

So here are some trees around Nunhead for your pleasure.
This horse chetsnut on Barforth Rd (above) has featured before.  It was heavily pollarded a few months back (another bugbear topic with this site) and now has a very strange profile, to my eyes.

The regular reader will also spot that this gorgeous Chinese willow near Nunhead Green has similarly  made previous appearances. Lewis Schaffer (well-known local comedian, and the voice of an American in Nunhead on Resonance FM) seemed to believe it was under some threat.  I do hope not.
Happy now?  Can I go back to moaning?

No comments: